to Resolving EEO/AA Problems
|New Revision to the EEO-1 Report |
|The EEOC announced the first revision to its employer survey in 4 decades. This format will be required to make the 2007 report, due by September 30, 2007. The 2006 report is to be complete with the current EEO-1 report form.
The Revised EEO-1 Report has the following changes:
The new EEO-1 Report’s job categories include:
- Adding a new category titled "Two or more races, not Hispanic or Latino"
- Deleting the "Asian and Pacific Islander" category
- Adding a new category titled "Asians, not Hispanic or Latino"
- Adding a new category titled "Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, not Hispanic or Latino"
- Extending the EEO-1 data collection by race and ethnicity, to the State of Hawaii and
- Strongly endorsing employee self-identification of race and ethnicity, as opposed to visual identification by employers.
EEO-1 Report must be filed annually by employers with 100 or more employees, or employers with federal government contracts of $50,000 or more and 50 or more employees. It also includes data on the size of employer establishments, the existence of other establishments within the company, the locations of the company’s establishments, the industry of each company establishment, and the metropolitan area of the establishment.
- Dividing "Officials and Managers" into two levels based on responsibility and influence within the organization:
- "Executive/Senor Level Officials and Managers" and
- "First Level/Mid-level Official and Managers"
- Moving non-managerial business and financial occupations from "Officials and Managers" category to the professional category.
Further information on the EEO-1 Report, including questions and answers, on the finial proposed revisions, is available on the agency’s website at http://www.eeoc.gov/eeo1/index.html.
It would be appropriate to start obtaining this data now in preparation for completing the 2007 EEO-1 report.
Click Here to download a sample of the new EEO-1 Report
Have questions or comments about this months newsletter?
Call us at 800.633.4775 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgIs there a topic you would like to see discussed in a future newsletter?
Send your ideas to email@example.com
You have received this email because you have chosen to receive the RPL monthly email newsletter.If you do not wish to receive this newsletter click on the unsubscribe link below and follow the directions to unsubscribe.Unsubscribe
| RPL Home Page
RPL Management Resources, Inc.
4530 South Sheridan, Ste 223
Tulsa, OK 74145
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED RPL MANAGEMENT RESOURCES, INC. 2006 ©